First Grade Liturgy
Next Wednesday, March 14th, the first graders are planning and preparing the weekly liturgy. Please look in your child's take-home folder for a note and assigned parts. If you have any questions, please ask.
There will be NO spelling next week. Also, I will not be sending home the take-home folder with your child next Thursday. I will just hand you their papers/information at conferences. That way you do not need to worry about the folder during spring break.
Your child is participating in special activities throughout the season of Lent. It is our hope that these activities deepen your child's understanding of this time of year.
- Your child made a Lenten promise that is posted in our classroom. Please ask your child what their promise is and encourage them to keep it.
- Donations to the local Food Pantry are encouraged during this Lenten season. Please send toilet paper, facial tissues, and/or paper towels.
- Your child will work with their "Lenten partner" (Advent Angel) 3-4 times during Lent to complete some Lenten activities together.
- We have raised money for the country of Nigeria by bringing money for noisy change collection at mass on Wednesday. Also, our Spirit Day money during Lent is going towards Nigeria.
- We will be going on a "Cross Walk" to Holy Spirit Church and then, pray the Stations of the Cross once we arrive at the church. This is happening on Thursday, March 29 (weather permitting). More information will be coming home about this event.
- Your child will participate in a Sedar Meal on Thurs., March 29.
Have a safe, relaxing Spring Break!!